Friday, May 22, 2009

The Woes of Love!

The Rev and my 7th anniversary is coming up soon and it has been some of the best married years of my life. It was one of those whirlwind romances, love at first site, hot and heavy right out of a romance novel. We met in May and were married in July on Friday the 13th!

After we were married me and Bear were moved in I woke up and was getting ready to do my normal insomniac roaming of the house. I keep a flashlight next to my bed because I am so nightblind I will run into walls and break my nose or get a bruise on my cheek or a black eye.
This particular night my flashlight's batteries were dead. So here I am walking very slowly with my hands out in front of me trying to remember where things are so as not to wake up the whole house by walking into something or stepping on a cat.

I am getting pretty close to the door because I can see the a little light from the one lamp in the kitchen that we leave on at night.

Suddenly, I feel hot breath on the back of my neck. Let me tell you, if could of jumped out of my skin, all of my inards would have been laying on the floor in a pile! But I just froze. I just got out of bed and the Rev was asleep, so who was behind me?

I finally got the nerve to turn slightly and Boo! rang out and I ran like a little girl screaming all the way to Bears room. I was gonna grab him and head for the door when I realized he wasn't in bed.

I finally got back to hallway and flipped on the light and of course it was the Rev and Bear standing there laughing thier asses off and looking very proud of themselves.

They later told me they enjoyed the week of silence I gave them!

No comments: