Friday, May 22, 2009

Men you gotta love 'em! or not!

Have you ever noticed when your first married and you call your other half at work how excited you both are on the phone. Its all "I love you honey" "I love you too Boo Boo" and so on. And of course the I love you when you have to say good bye in which you think you will die until the next phone call and watch the minute hand on the clock tick tick tick by.

Then three years go by and you may talk to each other 2 times a day and the phone calls are more geared as to what is being served for dinner or what is on the agenda for tonight. And they last about 2 minutes and you still have the "I love you" when you say good bye. But the clock watching is all but gone.

Three more years fly by and if you talk to each other twice a week it is more than enough. But there are those days when everything is just going to hell in a handbasket and the phone is a necessity. Here is just a sampling of ours from yesterday. I had to go to Hobby Lobby to pick up something for him.

Me: Rev(Hubby) I am here in the fabric aisle and they have the faux tooled leather in brown and black which color and how many yards?

Rev: 1 yard and black.

Me: OK!

Got fabric but forgot to ask him about spray on adhesive.

Me: Hey, I am in the adhesive aisle, which one do you want?

Rev: I don't know read off what they have.

Me: Reading off about 18 different adhesive's.

Rev: No, the one I want is not there. I will have to pick it up from Lowes or Home Depot later.

Me: OK

Thought heck Lowe's is a block away I will just run over there and pick it up and he will be all set.

Me: I am going to go ahead and run over to Lowe's and pick it up. What is it called?

Rev: Uh, I dont know.

Me: uh, ok.

Rev: Let me run to the tool room and I will call you right back.

Me: Ok I will go on to Lowe's and wait in the adhesive aisle.

So, I go to Lowe's and go to the aisle and wait and then kinda start walking around looking at all the new wallpaper they have and drawer pulls and just getting all kinds of ideas on new stuff I could do in the house. And realize I had been there a good 30 minutes. So I call him.

Me: Did you call?

Rev: No not yet!

Me: OK, so you know I have been here for 30 min and you have made no effort to call me or tell me you didn't have time or....

Rev: I am going right now.

He told me the name and it was done with.

So today as the time has started to get away with me(and mind you the Rev and I speak on the phone at least once a day) and I hadn't heard from him I called him. His phone was answered by Valerie his staff associate and we giggled and cut up for a while before hanging up and I called his cell phone.

I let you in on a little secret I am almost full Irish and I am a red head. So you don't normally want to piss me off.

Me: Hey Whats up?

Rev: Oh me and Gary and trying on the company boots they picked out for us this year.

Me: Oh, cool. You sound like you have a head cold like me.

Rev: Hmm hmmm

Me: I talked to Valerie(I gave him that whole spiel)

Rev: ok

Me: Are you listening to me?

Rev: Yea, something about Valerie....

Me: Why do I try...

And believe me there were no "I love you's" at the end of that conversation!

PS: I still love my hubby with all my heart!

No comments: