Friday, May 22, 2009

To My Dearest Meggie Mae!

My best friend left Las Vegas at 1:00am this morning to Arkansas. She will be burying her 30 year old daughter in the next few days. She was home for Christmas and was a proud Grandma of a 2 month old baby girl.

Yesterday while talking on the phone for not less than an hour, which usually is the case when we start talking, my bff received a call on her cell phone. It had rang 4 different times that we were talking and she said well I will just call them back when we get off the phone. We always put each other on speaker phone so we can go about our duties at our houses.

The last time her cell rang she told me to hold on and answered. I knew something had happened because I heard her ask about Megan's husband and baby and then she screamed, "No don't Brenda don't!" And then let out the most gutteral sound I have ever heard coming from a human being. I heard her fall to the floor and making her way over to the phone still screaming and telling me, "My baby is dead, Robin(my real name). I need to call Tom!"(dh)
So, we hung up and in the evening I called and talked to Tom, to learn that Meggie Mae had gone off the road and went head on with a tree and was killed instantly. We have no other information just yet.

So, Meggie Mae, I have known and loved you since you were a little scamp at 12. I watched you blossom into a lovely teenager who was kind hearted and loved life.

When you moved to Mississippi I would talk for hours with your Mom because she missed you so. And then when you got married, I couldn't believe you were so grown up and ready. You weathered some very hard times at the beginning of the marriage but over came some of the problems and last year in October gave birth to a beautiful baby girl.

I promise you I will take care of your Mom for you and make sure she gets as much love and anything else that she needs. I promise I will patiently listen to her grieving with out complaining and leave at any time for Las Vegas if she needs me there.

Most of all you will be missed my little Indian! I love you!

I don't understand the ways of God and the reasons for tragedies like this except I think the Devil steals the good ones away. And while I know we will see her again one day I will still smile at the old times and regret the time I missed with this beautiful winged creature of God.

Rest in Peace my sweet Meggie Mae

No comments: