Friday, May 22, 2009

EQUAL TIME FOR MAN AND BEAST

We are the proud parents of 2 girls and one boy, proud grandparents of 4 girls and 2 boys and proud furparents of 1 girl kitty and 1 boy kitty. Again, all the kids are grown and moved out which just leaves the furbabies. But...

...when our last child the Bear, was still at home he was very threatened by the kitties. At the time we had three, Taz, Shreevie and Miss Kitty. They were all brought home from very tragic beginnings and they were a little spoiled because of various injuries that required a lot of time and care. Needless to say Miss Kitty became my cohort in crime, my little shadow. Where I go she goes.

One Thanksgiving as we were getting ready to sit down to dinner I was setting the table and put the plates down on the table One for the Rev, one for the Bear and one for me, and a smaller plate. Then of course the same with the glasses, except for a bowl at the last place. When it was time we called the Bear in and he acted a little confused and asked where was he supposed to sit. We told him and he just kinda look at the small plate and bowl. He finally picked up his plate and began filling it with all of the holiday fair and took his seat still not saying a word about the odd place setting.

When I got the small plate and put a small chopped piece of turkey aand ham on it, a green bean, a small amount of mashed taters' and a piece of roll Bears eye's narrowed. I then replaced the plate and the Rev and I filled our plates. Then I filled everyones drinks, tea for Rev, Bear and I and milk in the bowl.

We then said prayers and sat down to eat. I call Miss Kitty and her she came gallopping up to the table and bouncing into her chair, and without a paw on the table she ate everything on her plate and drank her milk jumped down took a bath and went to take a nap. Not a morsel spill or a mess made.

John got up took his dishes to the sink and all the way to his bedroom pissed and moaned about the cat sharing he Thanks Giving table and as he closed the door I heard him say, "Turd"

No comments: