Friday, May 22, 2009

I Only Had One!

"I only had one", has a special place in our hearts and memories in our house. It was spoken at very special times when cookies or soda would simply vanish into thin air. We would go to the kitchen to grab a Coke and the box would be empty and still sitting in the fridge, and yes it would have to be asked even tho' we knew what the answer was going to be,

"We just bought this yesterday! How many have you had?"

"I only had one!"

Or and this is my favorite. Chocolate chips. How many of you have gone to bake chocolate chip cookies and picked up the bag and it was empty. You look at the bag puzzled as it hasn't been opened and you know it had the chips in there when you bought them. So where are they?
Well let me tell you where they went. I was talking to Bear the other day and just plain asked him how this magic had accured. Here's his story:
"Ok Mom, this is what I did. I took my pocket knife and turned the package over. You know the long seal on the back? I slipped the blade in between there just enough to get a couple of chips out at a time and then glued it back together. And voila, the mystery of the vanishing chocolate chips,

wait for it...




wait for it...







but I only did it once!"

No comments: