Friday, May 22, 2009

Happy Mother's Day from Far Away!

So, it is Mother's day and to all the Mother's who have son's and daughters in the military, wether in the states or deployed overseas I wish you a joyful, peaceful day.

I received a Mother's Day call yesterday from Bear in Afghanistan. He sounded so tired and so weary. He has a bum knee now, he tore his NCL. (I had to look that one up) They told him when he comes home he will have surgery and for now they are giving him a great reliever of pain, TYLENOL. I feel like Shirley McClain in Terms of Endearment, where she is running around the nurses station screaming, "Give her the shot! She only had to wait till 10:00, so give her the shot! Now Now Now!!!!!!!"

Bear is an extreme sportskid(I just can't get used to him being a man) Ok, sports-m-a-n. He rides a long board(skate board) all up and down Cali. He even has a sponser and he is good. Of course I set back and bite my nails just watching some of his videos. Have you ever been to a play, movie, the opera where the show was so good a silent awe hung over the audience. Thats how it feels when I watch them in AWE WOW!

So of course I wonder how this will affect him. But knowing Bear he will push through it.
So, to all my sisters in life and online, and all the Mothers who help me through times when I just don't think I can go any further, I thank you and love you. Mother Chops-YOU ROCK! and I love you.

Kat

No comments: