If you have a Harley you will know what this means, hell even if you don't have one you would know! Any way this weekend the Rev and I, Kat test drove a few. We settled on a harley softail deluxe old skool motorcycle. It has black pearl and white pearl fenders, tombstone lights. We figured it would save on fuel when we take our day jaunts to the antique stores or talamina drive to see the color of the fall trees. So, I am now an official Biker Bitch! All that keeps goin through my mind is,
Head out on the highway
Lookin' for adventure
And whatever comes our way
Yeah Darlin' go make it happen
Take the world in a love embrace
Fire all of your guns at once
And explode into space...
I raised Bear pretty much alone, his step-father was a jerk and when we divorced it was pretty much Bear and I. We went through so many discussions about motorcycles. It would go something like this:
Bear: Mom
Me:What is it you can't possibly live with out now, Bear?
Bear:A motorcycle!
Me: Aint gonna happen until you are out on your own and buy it your self.
Bear: Why?
Me: Cause I like your head just where it is.
Bear: That aint gonna happen to me Mom!
Me: Famous last words.
Bear: FINE!!!!! STOMP stomp SLAM!
So, now that he is in the Navy, he hangs ten on a long board. He is sponsered by a skateboard company. If you don't know what that is pop on over to youtube and plug long boarding in. It's quite an exhilerating sport if you like your child going down steep hills on 4 wheels the size of a little gems donuts and a slab of wood.
Any way, my mind just runs on and on.... Sorry!
Like I said Bear is in the Navy we talk at least 3 times a week. But I just had to rub it in about the motorcycle. I tried a 7am 8am 9am 10am 11am 12 pm NO ANSWER! Dang! Finally, the phone rings and it is him. He was in bad mood. And of course I had to make it worse!
Me: My Gosh I have been trying to get ahold of you all morning! Are you OK?
Bear: Yes(it was one of those long yesss you get when they become irritated because your questioning them)I just wanted to sleep in till 11 and I did.
ME: Ok I just wanted to make sure you weren't sick.
(My Dad gave John his Harley Motorcycle Jean jacket that he had when he was a motorcycle cop. HEHEHE!! (Can you see where this is going? OK, it gets better!)
ME: I wanted to know if I could borrow your Harley jacket this fall?
Bear:Sure, but why?
ME: Cause we just got a Harley!
Bear: That is just wrong. You are to old to ride Harleys!
ME: Your disinherited.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment