Ok, we live in a 3000square foot house all one level. We have our office carpeted a rug under our pool table and dining room table. Other than that it is tiled or cement stained.
We also have 2 furbabies, Miss Kitty and Shreevie. And I swear if I could sell all the fur they drop I would be a millionaire. Sometimes when I'm sweeping these big black fur things come out from under the beds, couches, those things, just seem to lurk, watching and waiting to come out and grab you by the leg and pull you under and suck the life out of you. And I clean my floors every week.(Well sometimes every other week under the bed and furniture.)
So saying all this I was leading in to this. When I met my husband I realized how neat and tidy he was. Everything had a place and it was in it. When we got married it was my turn to take care of the house. OMG! I will just put it in statements for you. My pet peaves.
1) When you guys clean the toilet why do you just throw the cleaner in there, use the scrubber, flush and voila it is clean. UH NOT!
Let me give you a lesson guys, germs are every where. On the outside of the bowl, down the sides behind the bowl, sometimes on the walls surrounding the toilet, and DEFINATELY on the floor around the toilet. Oh, oh, and let me not forget the rim, the toilet seat top and bottom, the lid ,the little place behide the seat and tank, and finally the tank.(Not exactly in this order)
2) When you guys dust could you please remove the chatchi's off and dust the whole piece of the furnture. That way you wont have little dust marks where you couldn't get in between them. And while your at it dust the chatchi's.
3) AND my biggest pet peave of all is don't put the dish you just ate off of in my clean soapy water! Rinse it off or sit it on the counter. That clean soapy water will not be clean any more if you put food ridden dishes in it.
Any way I am doing the spring cleaning this year and I have never seen so many socks stuffed here or there. And I always find them after I have done the white load in the washer. Maybe I'm a little anal but I like to finish every possible piece of the laundry in the house, besides what we are wearing.
During spring cleaning I also do throw rugs, blankets, pillows, comforters outside for a few hours so anything that could have dust mites in them die. I am so allergic to so many things that after winter I have to get it out of the house.
And I know how convenient the Swiffers are but they just push the dirt around like all the rest of the mops. The best to clean floors was the way my Granny taught me. Sweep with a broom, then pull on the rubber gloves, get a bucket add a little ammonia and some soap, get brush or sponge and clean that area until no more dirt showed up. (she had cement finished floors also back in the day)
Ammonia and newspaper was used for the windows. Man it really lets the sunshine in. You may get a little news print on your hands but hey it will wash off. (also use rubber gloves)
On to sinks and tubs. Sinks always got a spray of water and comet scrubbed in and left to for a while. Then scrubbed again and rinsed till there was no sign of any comet left.
The tub was taken care of a little different because who wants to get in and sit on scratchy cleaning products. It got bleach and a green scrubber pad and then rinsed and rinsed. Then it must be dried.
And now that I think of it the toilet was right next to that tub. EEEEEEEUUUUUUUUUUU! I think my lunch is going to come up.
You might have noticed I am a bathroom snob. If we are running around or on a small trip, I carry antibacterial stuff for my hands and a can of lysol to spray on the bottom of my shoes.
I must go now! I have bathrooms to clean and base boards to polish!
Kat
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment