I am writing this in orange because it is one of our team colors for the Oklahoma State Cowboys! Go Pokes! It has been ages since I have been to a college football game and this last weekend we went.
You know that diet commercial that has that broad that talks about losing weight and then she says she likes football and how many girls can do that? I hate that woman! Lots of woman love football and can stand right next to a man toe to toe!
I digress. We get to Stillwater just in time to see the parade and then do some antique shopping and then head for the stadium. We tried to get a bite to eat at Eskimo Joes but it was filled to the gills and overflowing out to a parking area acorss the street.
So we just picked up a pretzel fom the venders and go to our seats. 30 minutes till game start. My husband has never met someone he doesn't know. So he was quite happy talking to the guy sitting next to him while I watched the teams warm up. Finally the game starts!
It was a great game. I swear they stayed in a 20 yard area for most of the 1st quarter. Both defenses were tight and trained well. Number 21 on Baylor would just put his head down and run toward his target and knock him off his feet. And if he didn't go all the way down he would slug him.
The whole game was a game of upsets and thrills. I was on my feet most of the time screaming and jumping up and down and clapping and just being a fan!. The Rev stayed in his seat talking to the mucky mucks from the company he works for. Evidently these were corporate seats so the Rev had to have some decorum. Screw that I was having fun!
At one point in the game Baylor had the ball and it was 4th down and 6 yards to the goal line. The pitch was made and it went right through the quarterbacks hands and the Cowboys picked it off. I was screaming and jumping up and down and trying to get the Rev with one of my arms behind me and I was actually slapping him in the face. The mucky muck next to him started roaring in laughter! And I just turned around and told him to watch the replay. You know life is just to short not to have fun when you can!
Any way the Cowboys won and it was a great game! And I can't wait for the next one only this time I am bringing the Rev a baseball face mask
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment