Went to see the Doc today, that will be taking the place of my specialist at KUMC for my Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome. We were put in the outhouse room. The room was littered in outhouses made from wood, metal, toungue depressers, just about anything you could think of. He was a hoot. It is rare to find a doctor these days that have a genuine bedside manner. He did.
Of course it helped that he went to school with my Doc in Kansas and that they were buddies. And knowing Doc Kansas they were not quire boys either. The both have a sick sense of humor.
The Doc here has a deep voice and is very engaging and has a rumbling laugh that just makes you feel like you are at home and puts a smile on your face. I felt comfy telling him how my boobs went from, "where are they?" to "OMG what happened?" It is the fault of one of the meds I take and if I was a Doc I would be a millionaire. I went from a AA to a DD in 6 months. I am now in my 3rd year of taking this medication and my boobs are staying strong. Hubby loves them and so do I. But my back does not.
But I disgress, the Doc in Kansas was from Australia and a very gruff man when first meeting him. He is a perfectionist. If he can't find a diagnosis he keeps looking. Mine came in the form of a printed copy of the symptoms off the CVS website. I took this info to him and we discussed it and took a few more test and I was his first patient diagnosed with CVS. I think he owe's me some money! Just Kidding! This man gave me back my life. My grave was dug and I was jumping in and he caught me. He is a smart ol' cuss.
Doc Kansas, my husband, and I became good friends. We had a rivalry going between Oklahoma State University and University of Kansas. BTW Doc if you happen to come across this you owe the Rev a dollar and you had better wore that OSU shirt I bought for you, that you are supposed to wear if you lose! Go Pokes!
Unfortunately, Doc Kansas is going to help other people with other diseases in a different part of the country so we had to see a new doctor. Who at least is in town.
So, all in all, it was a pretty good day! The Rev got to go with me and that was a real treat seeing how I get to see him about 3 hours a day, these days. More on that in another blog.
Kat
PS if someone could tell me if we can put pictures on our blogs and how I would be so grateful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment