This is the first Christmas I have not had the honor of having my son Bear present. He is off serving his country and I have been weeping off and on since yesterday.
I called him so much yesterday I think he was getting pissed off. Ok Ok I know I am the one that needs to cut the apron strings. But it was Christmas and his presents didn't arrive in time and I could here in his voice that he was depressed.
But this is the first time he hasn't called me and cried on my shoulder. The first time he didn't just call to talk all day long. The first time he didn't need me. :(
I felt like crap. I think it is a transition I wasn't ready for. I thought the empty nest was all over, but now I realize I was still holding on to that tiny little wing and he finally wiggle out of my grasp and has flown.
He called today while opening his delayed packages and squeeling at each one and of course I was on the other line beaming! I know he probably did it just for me and it was the very best Christmas present I have ever received in my life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment