Tomorrow Bear will be gone for a week. I have no idea in Afghanistan he is but he is there and I found out through Google Earth shows lots of military bases there. I was actually quite surprised.
The crying jags are fewer and farer in between and the acceptance that he is at war is not any easier but tolerable.
It is funny how much you miss a voice that you hear every other night and then nothing, Silence. And now everytime the phone rings we are running to see if it is him. Hell, I would even pay for all the soldiers calls if they would just let them call home.
But I'll bring a little levity in . I miss my son like crazy but I DO NOT MISS HIS FEET! What is it with soldiers feet? Is it the boots they wear? the socks? what? I feel so sorry for his girlfriend when he kicks off his togs. I know I send him straight to the bathroom to wash and dry them and have all the neccessary sprays, ointments, powders, give him the toe nail clippers to clean oup those hoofs, and then top them off with a nice pair of clean socks. Only then can he be pleasant company. It always reminds me of that Toe Jam song back in the 70's. Yuck!
But the rest of him is pleasant enough to be around. And I do really miss him so while I still have a smile on my face I am going to close before I sob.
Kat
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment